The festive period is a time of joy, celebration, and camaraderie, making it the perfect opportunity for businesses to show appreciation to their employees and clients through festive Christmas parties.
While it may seem early to think about, the truth is that the best time to start planning your company’s festivities, is sooner than you might think. In this article, we’ll delve into the reasons why early preparation is key and provide a comprehensive guide on when businesses should start planning their Christmas parties.
Beat the Festive Rush:
Waiting until the last minute to plan your company’s Christmas party can lead to unnecessary stress and limited availability of venues, caterers and entertainment options. By starting the planning process early, you’ll have a wider range of choices and can secure the best resources for your event. This is especially important if you’re aiming for a unique and memorable experience that sets your party apart from the rest.
Give Attendees Ample Notice:
The festive season is a busy time for everyone, both professionally and personally. By sending out save-the-date notifications well in advance, you give your employees, clients and partners the opportunity to block off their calendars and make necessary arrangements to attend the party. This consideration for their schedules can increase attendance rates and ensure a more successful and enjoyable event.
Lock in Budget and Resources:
Budgeting for a corporate Christmas party requires careful consideration of expenses, from venue rental to decorations and catering. By starting the planning process early, you’ll have ample time to negotiate prices, compare quotes, and allocate funds appropriately. Moreover, securing your desired vendors and resources ahead of time ensures that you won’t have to compromise due to last-minute availability issues.
Minimise Stress for Organisers:
The task of organising a company Christmas party can be an overwhelming one, especially for those responsible for its planning and success. By starting early, you can distribute tasks over a longer period, preventing burnout and ensuring that each aspect of the event receives the attention it deserves. This results in a more polished and enjoyable experience for all attendees.
Best Timeline for Christmas Party Planning:
- August to September: Start thinking about party ideas, themes and overall goals. Determine your budget and establish a planning committee if necessary. Start reaching out to potential venues and vendors to gather quotes and availability.
- October: Finalise your party theme and start sending out save-the-date notifications to ensure maximum attendance. Secure your chosen venue and vendors, such as catering, entertainment, and decorators.
- November: Develop a detailed event schedule, including activities, games and entertainment. Send out formal invitations to guests and provide them with event details. Arrange for any necessary transportation or accommodations, if applicable.
- Early December: Confirm all arrangements with vendors and ensure that everything is on track for the event. Begin decorating the venue according to your chosen theme. Prepare any materials or giveaways for the party.
- Mid to Late December: Conduct a final run-through of the event schedule and logistics. Ensure that all details, such as seating arrangements and audiovisual equipment, are in order if required. Encourage attendees to RSVP if they haven’t done so already.
How LeavePlanner can help
When it comes to planning a company Christmas party, LeavePlanner can help in several ways:
- Accurate Employee Attendance Tracking: LeavePlanner can help you accurately track employee attendance and availability for the Christmas party. It allows you to monitor holiday requests, sick leaves, and other time-off requests, ensuring that you have an up-to-date understanding of who will be available to attend the event.
- Scheduling and Co-ordination: Identify potential scheduling conflicts and plan the Christmas party around times when the majority of employees are available. This minimises the chances of low attendance due to conflicting commitments.
- Reduced Last-Minute Changes: By proactively managing absences and addressing time-off requests early, you can reduce the likelihood of last-minute changes to the party schedule due to unforeseen absences or staffing issues. This ensures a more seamless and enjoyable event for both organisers and attendees.
- Catering and Budgeting: An accurate attendance allows you to plan catering quantities and budget more effectively. You can avoid over ordering or under-estimating food and beverages, leading to cost savings and reduced wastage.
- Real-time Updates: In the event of unexpected absences on the day of the party, the absence management tool can provide real-time updates, enabling you to make quick adjustments to the event schedule or seating arrangements.
- Employee Satisfaction: By using LeavePlanner to help plan the Christmas party, you demonstrate your commitment to accommodating employee needs and preferences. This can contribute to higher employee satisfaction and engagement with the event.
LeavePlanner can help you with your Christmas party planning by streamlining logistics, boosting attendance and contributing to a well-organised, enjoyable event for all involved. Gift your employees with a celebration that goes off without a hitch.
For a free no obligation 30 day trial, call Steve on 01252 636 070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pssst! Check out our new all-in-one system, HR Planner, which incorporates an easy-to-use leave management solution, designed specifically with SMEs in mind.
*Featured image by FreePik